Keep connected with us using all the most popular social networking tools on the web!
Computer Lab Policy
The Worcester Public Library (WPL) Computer Lab is located on the third floor of the Main Library adjacent to the Periodicals Department. The Lab is equipped with 12 computer workstations and one instructor workstation.
Statement of Policy
The WPL Computer Lab is intended for educational use by WPL staff, area libraries, library organizations, the City of Worcester, and library related groups. This use includes staff and patron training, as well as other library related training. When no library related sessions are scheduled, the Lab is open to the public for individual use.
Exceptions to allow outside groups and organizations to reserve the Lab for Microsoft Office Suite or other training shall be handled on a case by case basis by the Head Librarian.
Use of the Lab for any other purpose, without review and approval by the Head Librarian, is strictly prohibited.
Regulations and Guidelines
- • All groups and individuals are expected to abide by all state and federal laws, as well as the Library’s policies and procedures. (See Computer Lab Use Procedures and Rules for the Computer Lab)
- • The Lab may not be used for any commercial purposes. No group, organization, or trainer shall be permitted to use the Lab if they intend to charge a fee to trainees for the training provided in the Lab.
- Guest trainers must consult with IT staff before using the Computer Lab.
- No beverages or other refreshments are allowed in the Computer Lab.
- Permission for a group to use the Computer Lab does not in any way constitute or imply an endorsement of its policies, beliefs or program by the City of Worcester, the Worcester Public Library and its officials, or the Board of Directors of the Worcester Public Library.
Staff members who are responsible for such training or arrangement should reserve the Lab for training by going through the Lab Schedule link on Staff Home Page with the following information:
- Staff name
- Name of the training program
- Date & time of the training
- Hardware and software needed if any
(See In-House Procedure for Workshops and Classes in Computer Lab for details)
Inquiries regarding the Computer Lab availability can be made to Head Librarian’s Administrative Assistant by telephone at 508-799-1689 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Worcester Public Library requires notification of cancellations at least 24 hours in advance. If a group hasn't called or arrived within 30 minutes after its scheduled time, the Computer Lab will be opened to the public and the group may, therefore, be required to reschedule its event.
Any group that encounters defective and/or damaged equipment shall report it immediately to Library staff. The applicant is responsible for the cost of replacing or repairing any equipment that is damaged by the group during its Lab session.
Penalties and Appeals
Failure to comply with the Computer Lab Policy and Rules may result in immediate termination of Computer Lab use, denial of future use of the Computer Lab, financial liability for damages, loss of Library privileges, and, possibly, legal action. Appeals may be made in writing to the Board of Directors of the Worcester Public Library.
Donate or Volunteer Today!
Ask a question or send a comment - any way you like!