Keep connected with us using all the most popular social networking tools on the web!
Computer Lab Use Procedure
All individuals are expected to abide by Worcester Public Library’s Computer Lab Use Policy and Guidelines, Rules and Procedures, and Internet Use Policy.
The Lab is open to the public for individual use when no group training sessions are scheduled. The Lab is open during the Library’s open hours and closes 15 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
- Computer Lab computers are available to adults, young adults (13-17 years of age) and children accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Users may use the Lab computer on a first-come, first-serve basis if there is a vacant computer. Otherwise, users should wait patiently for the next available computer.
- No Worcester Library Card is needed for using the Lab computers.
- No time limit for using the Lab computers.
- No Internet access is provided on lab computers.
- Users press “ctrl+alt+delete.” A message will appear instructing the user to type “LAB” in the username box and press OK (no password).
- Sessions will be terminated after 60 minutes of inactivity. Users have to re-log in again to use the computer.
- Two pop-up messages will be sent separately to users 30 minutes and 20 minutes before closing reminding users that the computers will automatically shut down in 15 minutes and in 5 minutes.
Microsoft Office Suite 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher), MS FrontPage, Streets and Trips 2006, Encarta as well as e-learning tutorials are available on all Lab computers. Rosetta Stone Language Learning * and LearningExpress web links are also listed on the desktop. Software programs are available on a self-tutoring basis. If you want to learn more about these programs, use one of the paper guides or use the online tutorials provided on the desktop.
The Rosetta Stone Online Language Leaning will no longer be available as of August 31, 2008. In lieu of this, the Worcester Public Library will offer the CD-ROM version of the software to all in-house computers at the Main Library only.
Floppy disks, CD-ROMs and USB drives are available to use. The USB drive should be plugged in before logging in to a Lab computer.
Black & white or color printouts are available. Documents may be printed at a cost of $0.15 for black and white per page at the Periodicals Print Station or $0.30 for color at the Information Desk Print Station on the first floor.
Donate or Volunteer Today!
Ask a question or send a comment - any way you like!