2. Who Can Use the Talking Book Library?
Individuals may borrow books and equipment from the Talking Book Library if they live in Massachusetts at least six months out of the year and fall into one or more of the following categories established by the federal government:
- Legally blind with vision of 20/200 or worse, or a visual field no greater than 20 degrees.
- Vision is corrected, but cannot see well enough to read with comfort for extended periods of time.
- Physical limitation that prevents an individual from holding a book or turning pages.
- Certified by a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy as having a reading disability that has a physical basis, which prevents an individual from reading standard print.
- Hospitals, public and private libraries, nursing homes, daycare centers, schools, and other agencies serving individuals that qualify may also receive Talking Book Library services.